Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Online worries

Well when I go on line I am constantly worry about people either taking my personal information, hacking in to my emails, or even having people trying to trick me to subscribe to unwanted things. I want to have my privacy but that is really hard to do when you go on line sure I don’t mind my friends looking at my personal information but I don’t want random people to do it. Even when it comes to your friends they are certain things that are just for you to know like your social security number. I have had someone I don’t talk to copy my pictures and that really upsets me because I don’t want random people having pictures of me but what can you really do? Sometimes when I am checking my multiple emails I afraid that I haven’t log properly log out because I don’t know if someone can have a way to check my mail.

Another case is one time I was looking for information about jobs and looking for postings somehow I ended up in this website that ask me to type my cell phone number. I thought well they would want probably my zip code for nearest hiring locations so I type in my cell phone number. A couple of seconds later and I receive like five text messages telling I had to pay $9.99 dollars for two different things that I hadn’t subscribe to. So I went crazy because first of it wasn’t even good message they were sending it was just random messages but luckily I stop the messages and hopefully I don’t get charge for anything. Who would of thought that by just giving a number you can be identify as a buyer? That’s not so you just have to be careful what you do on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment